News & Events
Windows Server 2012 End of Life, end of support your options and next steps.
Microsoft Server 2012 goes End of Life this month
Support from Microsoft on the Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 operating systems, officially ended on 10th October 2023.
Microsoft have stated “After this date, these products will no longer receive security updates, non-security updates, bug fixes, technical support, or online technical content updates.”
To avoid security issues and industry compliance issues, now is the ideal time to consider an upgrade or migration, so what are the implications and what is the next step?
Business Implications include :-
- Compliance Problems
- Loss of Support
- Inability to take advantage of new features
- Increased risk of targeted malware and ransomware attack
- Possible Issues with other applications
FUEL would strongly advocate that any client still running Windows Server 2012 or 2012 R2 version in their business, make plans to migrate to a supported solution, and we would be happy to discuss options for this.
Solutions Include :-
- Replacement Onsite Server
- Migration to Alternative Cloud Solution
- Replacement of Operating System on Existing Virtual Server
Contact FUEL today and we can discuss your options.